As we try to get over the New Year slump, we look forward to the weekends for getting out and about and make the most of our surroundings. When the heavens open and rain is pouring down, it is easy to feel like weekend is ruined. Here is a list of 10 things you can do on a rainy day around Lincoln:
- The Collection – visiting the museum is free and there is no need to pre-book, making it an easy last-minute choice. Telling the story of Lincolnshire’s heritage through artefacts, hands-on activities, touch-screen games and by listening to voices from the past, there is lots to explore. Host to many art exhibitions and events, you can visit www.thecollectionmuseum.com to find out what’s coming soon.
- Lincoln Cathedral – climb more than 300 steps to reach the top of the Central Tower, take a closer look at the stunning architecture and carvings, take a trip into the library which hosts 260 medieval manuscripts or light a candle for a loved one. With hundreds of years of history to show, this is a great place to explore on a rainy day. Visit www.lincolncathedral.com for more information.
- Museum of Lincolnshire Life – discover a collection of historically significant items located in the Victorian Barracks built for Royal North Lincolnshire’s Militia in 1857. With interactive galleries and around 250,000 objects to explore, there is plenty for the whole family. Visit www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/museumoflincolnshirelife to find out more.
- Escape Lincoln – if museums aren’t your cup of tea, why not try being locked in a mysterious room with 60 minutes to get out? With 11 themed rooms to choose from, Escape Lincoln is a great way to spend a rainy day working together and making memories with friends and family. Visit www.escape-lincoln.co.uk to read about the games they offer.
- Jump Inc – the ultimate high-octane excitement park, with inflatables, a ninja course and trampolines all under one roof, they have a range of activities to keep thrill seekers of all ages busy. Check out www.jump-inc.uk to see what’s on offer.
- New Theatre Royal Lincoln – whether you’d like to immerse yourself in the world of theatre through a backstage tour, laugh until your belly hurts through live comedy, experience stunning ballet or listen to some good music, New Theatre Royal has you covered. Go to www.newtheatreroyallincoln.co.uk to find out what’s on in 2022.
- Everyman Cinema – from National Theatre Live to Hollywood blockbusters, Everyman offers entertainment paired with fantastic food and drinks, all served to your cinema seats! Visit www.everymancinema.com/lincoln to see what’s on.
- 200 Degrees Barista School – experience an informal and informative way to learn how to make great coffee. Whether you want to learn how to drink better coffee at home, learn how to operate a professional espresso machine or create beautiful latte art, visit www.200degs.com/pages/barista-schools to see what packages are on offer.
- The Showroom Climbing Centre (YMCA) – why not try climbing Lincolnshire’s largest climbing wall? There are over 100 routes in a variety of grades and styles to suit all abilities and ages. You can give climbing a go with friends and have fun or use it as a personal workout to increase motivation and fitness levels. Visit www.lincsymca.co.uk/the-showroom-lincoln/activity-centre/climbing/ to look at opening times and prices.
International Bomber Command Centre – with interactive galleries, guided tours and a digital archive with the most comprehensive coverage of Bomber Command globally, this is a great way of enjoying a day out whilst learning something important. More information can be found at www.internationalbcc.co.uk