December is the perfect time to spend precious moments with your loved ones. There is lots to do in Lincolnshire during this festive period, below are a few ideas to get you on your merry way:
- Why not make a difference this Christmas by taking part in The Lincoln Santa Fun Run & Walk? Sunday 12th December is the 16th Lincoln BIG Thankyou Santa Fun Run – Raising money for the Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia, you can expect lots of festive cheer as you embark on a run around the Bailgate area in a sea of red Santas. You can register online at www.lincolnsantafunrun.co.uk to take part in this wonderful event.
- Late night shopping is back! Grab a hot chocolate and expect the Lincoln city centre to be lit up in all its festive glory on the 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd December.
- Want to win £50 in shopping vouchers for Lincoln independent shops? Then make sure to follow the Christmas Light Selfie Trail! Take photos in front of the city’s light displays such as The Giant Bauble and share on social media with #ChristmasInLincoln to be in with a chance of winning.
- Lincoln’s Viking tipi bar returns – Thor’sis back! Relax under a canvas tipi covered in twinkling lights, sit at wooden tables and warm up by the open fire pit whilst enjoying festive hot chocolates, mulled wine, hot cider and much more. The best part – little warriors are welcome!
- Lose yourself in Christmas crafts at Hartsholme Country Park – Bring your home to life with festive garlands and wreaths by taking part in workshops or explore their festive trail, solve the puzzles and complete the challenges to claim your sweet treat! You can call 01522 873735 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Look for handmade gifts at Lincoln Makers Market – The 11th and 12th December will see the return of beautifully hand-crafted goodies at Castle Hill, the perfect place to grab those final special pieces.
- Wrap up warm and witness the after-dark illuminated trail through Belton House’s festive gardens. With over a million lights on display, escape into the magical world of Belton House at Christmas – visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/belton-house to purchase tickets.
- Fancy a day trip? Why not take a visit to Baytree Garden Centre’s Winter Wonderland! Wind your way through snow-covered trees, witness singing reindeers and take a sleigh ride to Santa’s lodge where you can say hello to the big man himself. You can book your tickets by visiting www.baytreewinterwonderland.com
Be sure to follow Lincoln BIG on social media or visit www.visitlincoln.com/whats-on to keep up to date with all of the festive activities on offer.